*Re-blogged From: Complicated Chaos*
I have decided that I need to, not only expand on this site, but on my creative writing as well, thus the content of this post….
Today as I was stumbling around WordPress I came across a site that inspired me to challenge myself. Elisa Michelle ofelisamichelle.wordpress.com wrote a post about her current Flash Fiction Challenge as well as a second challenge she has decided to face in the month of July.
Not knowing much about what Flash Fiction is, I read on, as she explains Flash Fiction is a story with normal plot elements (exposition, rising action, climax and resolution) condensed into 55 – 1000 words. This got me thinking, and searching the internet, and led to me reading a wide variety of Flash Fiction stories.
Seeing as I want to expand on my creative writing, but don’t see to have much free time these days, I decided that this would also be a great way to challenge myself as a writer to explore my creative abilities, while not overwhelming, or forcing myself, to write at length when I don’t have the available time.
And so, I have decided that I will take inspiration from Elisa Michelle and challenge myself to my own Flash Fiction challenge for July. Though I can not ‘promise’ I will be able to post every single day, I am going to aim to write at least 20 Flash Fiction stories throughout July and post them here on this site, as well as on Complicated Chaos (my personal creative writing site) under the new ‘Creative Writing‘, ‘Flash Fiction Challenge’ categories.
This “challenge” is a very new thing for me, and the stories I produce are not guaranteed to be any good, but it is a way to encourage myself to write and be creative.
Stay tuned for tonight’s post, the first of my Flash Fiction Challenge stories, that I hope will open my mind and get me in a creative writing habit.
Check out some of the Flash Fiction postings at Zenvirus.com to get a clear idea of what Flash Fiction is all about…
If you are starting a challenge, or looking to explore your own creativity, feel free to share your progress, and links, here or join me on this challenge if you want to get creative.
Comments, links, and submissions are always welcome below or can be emailed to:
Until Next Time…
Possibly Related Articles
- Social Networks And The Flash Fiction Story (pittsburghflashfictiongazette.com)
- Creative Writing: Staying Inspired (pittsburghflashfictiongazette.com)
- On A Friday Flash – Bad Penny (ibc4.wordpress.com)
- Let Your Flash Fiction Freak Flag Fly (pittsburghflashfictiongazette.com)
- Shadows Sunday – Flash Fiction Challenge (usaukwoods.wordpress.com)
- Life, Writing Flash Fiction And The Flash Fiction Writer (pittsburghflashfictiongazette.com)
- Writing Flash Fiction Makes You A Better Writer (pittsburghflashfictiongazette.com)
- Writing Flash Fiction A-Z (pittsburghflashfictiongazette.com)