Fall is the season of change and with all the beautiful colors and the crisp air it is one of the best times to get outdoors.
Being outdoors can be very inspiring, especially with beautiful landscape and amazing autumn colors. Why not take a short walk and use the outdoors for some writing inspiration?
Below are a few Fall Writing Suggestions for you to try out. Feel free to post your results, or your own ideas, in the comments section below.
Fall Inspired Writing Prompts
- Write a story or poem from the point of view of a leaf getting ready to fall from the tree.
- Write a story about a squirrel getting prepared for the winter weather.
- Recall a memory from your childhood that has to do with fall. Did you jump in the leaves?
- How do you feel about raking the lawn? Love it, Hate it or Leaf Blow it all away?
- Does fall weather inspire you? What do you like/dislike most about this time of year?
- What is fall like where you live?
- What is you favorite way to spend a nice fall day with friends/family?
- Write a haunted Halloween story, poem or other piece.
- Write about Thanksgiving.
- Write a story or poem about the colors of fall.
- Write a post about the best places to visit for fall colors.
Possibly, But Probably Un-Related Articles
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Fall… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Fall Color Around the Country 10/11/11 (naturalhistorywanderings.com)
- Style Inspiration: Falling for Autumnal Hues (modcloth.com)
- A Poem For Saturday (andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com)
- Autumn Woods~by rldubour (ourpoetrycorner.wordpress.com)
- Autumn Images (whimsicalinspiration.wordpress.com)