I had someone ask me the other day why I have not yet written a post on grammar, or punctuation…
Let me tell you why!
Grammar and punctuation are not my strong suits, and I don’t feel that I am the person to be giving advice on something I pay little attention to in my day-to-day writing. I am sure that reading my posts you can clearly see I am not overly concerned with proper comma placement, period use, or correct wording. I write the way I speak, and to be honest with you it works for me. Should I want to write something more professionally appealing I will have someone edit first, but in the world of blogging, and my fast paced life, the location of my commas is not a concern.
With that said I would love to post an article about grammar and punctuation basics, so if anyone out there is a ‘grammar guru’ of sorts and would enjoy guest positing please feel free to contact me. You need not be an expert, the basics would suit just fine. Otherwise I will have to find a good link to post on here…. but I would prefer the first option better. Original content suits me best…
You can send me a message if you would like to write, or have already written, such a post and feel free to remain anonymous if you please (just let me know this clearly in advance and I will lock your secret inside). Submissions or inquiries for this open post, or any others you think may fit this site can be sent to:
Until Next Time…
Possibly, But Probably Un-Related Articles
- Grammar Blip: The Serial Comma (mesummer.wordpress.com)
- The Quotation Marks Go Where? (writingtomarketing.wordpress.com)
- The first inky fingered scribblings… (inkstaineddreams.wordpress.com)
- on the rise of logical punctuation (eatsleepreadlove.wordpress.com)
- Commas, Periods/Full Stops, Question Marks (or Nothing) (fodder4writing.wordpress.com)
- How to Proofread Your Own Writing (blogs.sitepoint.com)
- Logical punctuation (gasstationwithoutpumps.wordpress.com)
- Tool & Tactics: Proofing Tips (comm334spring2011.wordpress.com)
- Why So Little Punctuation? (dogsmeat.wordpress.com)