Let me start this Wordy Wednesday with a special Thank-you to a great blogger and even greater friend… Marcos Gonzales over at Experification made my day today when he wrote a post about this site. It seems that the tips and tricks I have written here have truly inspired him, and through inspiring him.. I have been inspired more myself. It is always great to see that someone appreciates what you are trying to say, do, or accomplish… so once again Marc Thank-you one thousand times! I truly appreciate your post and link. If you haven’t already you must check out his blog through the link above. He is an inspiring writer who shares deeply and has a passion for words. It is definitely worth the read!
And now down to the nitty-gritty…
This Wordy Wednesday is all about getting started.
Sometimes beginning is the most difficult part of writing. I have found myself staring at a blank page many times with no thought of where to begin. The process of getting writing on paper must begin with a single word. Below are some ideas of where to find inspiration, and a few word prompts that might help you start…. As always feel free to share your results in the comments section below, or link to your own blog. Perfectly Prompted is a place for writers to get connect, get inspired, and most importantly get writing…. Enjoy!
Where to find inspiration:
- Photos – Look at a photo and describe how it makes you feel, what you see, or what you think is going on.
- News – Re-write the headlines. This is especially fun if you don’t like what you read. Take that sad story and share some positive light or look deeper into the story and find a way to solve a problem. News does not always have to be bad, in fact it can be whatever you choose to make it… there are three sides to every story… choose one.
- Magazine Covers – Magazines are packed full of exciting information and the cover is the cake that entices you to read. Take one of those catchy headlines, and without reading the article, spin it yourself… I am willing to bet your story turns out quite different from theirs…
- Dictionary – Words can work wonders on you imagination. Open a dictionary, or thesaurus and choose a new word. Expand on it, explain it, or share how it makes you feel. The possibilities are endless and the words are plentiful.
- Other Sites – Often times reading someone else’s post inspires a thought of my own. Take time to read other blogs, or writers and enjoy the inspiration they provide. You will learn many lessons from reading that you would otherwise never have learned.
Word Prompts To Get You Started:
Use these words in any way you choose, a beginning sentence, a poem, a description, a feeling, whatever inspires you…
Enjoy your writing and always have fun. Be bold and take chances. Reach for the stars.
Feel free to send questions, articles, stories, or tips to:
Until Next Time…
Possibly, But Probably Un-Related Articles
- Wordy Wednesdays #1 – Learn Something New (perfectlyprompted.wordpress.com)
- When the Muse Whispers (1wordywoman.wordpress.com)
- Fancy a challenge? Flash Fiction Monday Mashup (usaukwoods.wordpress.com)
- A real look at how I outline (wrenemerson.wordpress.com)
- The Trouble With Writing (aadara.wordpress.com)
- How Did You Become a Writer? (teacherwriter.net)
- A Quote to Ponder (caterpillartooth.wordpress.com)